Day One - start Oldland Common, end Maidstone, 267 miles, 6 grounds

A warm day to kick off the challenge but that's better than the rain of course! Got into our Maidstone hotel exactly 12 hours to the minute since we left home!

Locked up and drove off from home at 8.18am, arriving at Huish Park at 9.30am, seconds ahead of Simon Carter. Si kindly diverted from his route to St James Park to meet up, wish us well and to donate some money, as did Barry Crossan, thanks to both.

After leaving the home of football just before the YTFC supporters coaches, we drove to AFC Bournemouth where we hadn't expected to get pitch side, just a few hours before their Premier League game v Chelsea. But fair play, a young guy on reception allowed us through for 5 minutes for some pics.

Leaving there, we got to Southampton in good time. The place was deserted as the Saints were away to WBA so we had a quick picnic lunch outside St Mary's.

Next stop was Portsmouth and their home game with Yeovil. Baking hot in Fratton Park and although Yeovil clawed their way back to 1-1, Pompey were far too good and ran out 3-1 winners in front of nearly 18,000 fans.

Traffic in and out of the city was jammed so it was 7.00pm before we got to the mightily impressive AMEX stadium. Deserted as the Seagulls played last night, the kind guys on security allowed us to go partway into the car park to take a pic by the sign.

Brighton to Crawley is only a half hour drive so it wasn't long before we were outside the awfully named Checkatrade Stadium. We'd been here just three months ago for the Yeovil away game and it wasn't much noisier tonight, two hours after the game v Plymouth had ended.

A 45 minute drive to Maidstone saw us find our Travelodge, and time to plan tomorrow's adventure!

Day Two - start Maidstone, end Cambridge, 252 miles, 6(7) grounds

Enjoyed today even though we had more traffic jams than we hoped! Another very hot day and another 250+ miles clocked up but well worth the hassle for a couple of golden moments.

Had breakfast at Maidstone Travelodge with the river flowing calmly by. Left there at 9am on the dot and got to Gillingham half hour later, had to divert near the ground as there was a full blown domestic occurring in the middle of the road! No one at the Priestfield so headed off to Grays.

Grays? They don't have a league club, you say. No they don't but what they do have is Palmers FC, a Sunday League team who upload their match videos on You Tube and regularly attract 100,000 views. Harry and Ryan are massive Palmers fans and I'd arranged to get a signed shirt from Smiv, their media guy who records the games. He met us beforehand and we did a short piece to camera which should be up on YT next Sunday.

After watching the game, we then met all the players and got the shirt signed before they also gave the boys a captains armband and a cup winners medal from 2015/16 as a souvenir of our visit. Top blokes and we wish them well!

The only real downside to today was the trip to Southend. A thirty minute journey took three times as long due to Southend beach traffic. When we got there, again being a Sunday, no one there so pics taken, we headed for Colchester.

An hour trip due to more traffic, we arrived at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, my first visit ever to the ground. Nice looking stadium in the sticks, looks like it should hold more than 10k capacity. Had a brief pit stop for food, then off to Ipswich.

Arrived at Portman Road at 4.15pm and asked the security guy if we could go closer to the ground for a pic as we were still 75 yards away Initially, he said no but having seen my disappointed face (often seen at YTFC over the years), he said "How quick will you be?" I said 5 minutes, he said you've got two and asked us to follow him. Just as he got to where we wanted the pic, he unlocked a gate and let us through onto the pitch!!!!!!!!!!! Won't forget that guy in a hurry, and left with a real happy feeling.

Next stop was their Old Farm rivals Norwich and there really was no one there so an outside shot was all we could have. Same as Cambridge, our last stop tonight which was again closed, as we arrived at 7.15pm. We did United tonight to allow us longer tomorrow for what could be an exciting day!!

Day three - start Cambridge, end Alfreton, 264 miles, 6(8) grounds

A day of mixed feelings with delight and disappointment in equal quantities. We left Cambridge later than planned after a lush breakfast and headed to Peterborough first stop at 10.15am. Waiting for us there with a signed football was media manager Phil Adlam, one of the nicest guys I've met in football. Got a pitch side pic with him before heading on to Nottingham.

First stop was County, whose ground can't be any more than 300 yards as the crow flies from Forest. The Magpies have been great in the build up and as promised, we collected a signed shirt including manager Kevin Nolan's signature. A kind guy on reception let us in for a pitch side pic.

We originally planned to go to Forest afterwards but with no word from Chris Cohen, we decided to pop into Trent Bridge cricket ground. Boys hadn't been before, Whereas I went once a few years ago for a Test match. Guy on security was fantastic and it turned out he was the PA guy on match days! Not only did he let us in for pics, he asked us questions about the trip, the boys school, our love of cricket.... a half hour passed in no time.

Looked in at Forest but still no message so we made the 20 mile trip to see the under 23 game v Huddersfield at Alfreton Town FC. Originally meant for the Academy, it was switched quite late so an enjoyable 90 minutes soon passed with the Terriers winning 2-0. Lovely guy gave us a brief history of Alfreton, guess it was their chairman before we left.

A bit of a zig zag day with Alfreton Town not in the original plans so as our hotel was there, we checked in before driving to Burton Albion. All was quiet, too quiet so we couldn't get access to the ground but the ticket office did sort us out tickets for their crunch game v Birmingham on Easter Monday.

Moved swiftly on to Derby but again, as it was gone 5.30pm, we didn't even try getting into what is one of the best stadia in the Championship. Why? Because it would have made us late for the match tonight at the King Power Stadium.

Chris Cohen then emailed to get my address to send the signed shirt and ball to, thanks a lot Chris.

Leicester v Man United under 23's promised so much on paper but sadly there were no first teamers returning from injury as is so often the case. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson was the only name even the most ardent footie fan would have known and even that fan would have struggled with the dire fare on display. So poor that in fact we left at half time!! It was 0-0 when we left, and 0-0 when everyone else left.

Delays on the motorway meant that we finally turned into the hotel at 9.45pm.

Day four - start Alfreton, end Doncaster, 136 miles, 7 grounds

Far less mileage today, much cooler weather and some brilliant people made this a great day on the challenge.

Kicked off with a Little Chef breakfast as our hotel didn't have food facilities of their own. But we still exited the car park at 8.45 to head for Mansfield and stop number one. Got there and the friendly Community Sports Trust guy let us go pitch side, took pics of us in the dugouts and had a good chat.

Chesterfield are their rivals and certainly rivalled them for friendliness and again, after asking to go pitch side, a chap came from nowhere and kindly gave us 15-20 mins of his time and another chat about football in general.

Speaking of kind friendly chaps, they don't come much better than Kevin Cookson at Sheffield United and he also let us through for pitch side pics; his club have already sent us two tickets for a 2017/18 match, which of course will now be a Championship match following their promotion on Saturday.

Sadly our run of pitch side success ended at Hillsborough, more a victim of timing as the two people that might have shown us through were on lunch.

Slightly better luck with the next South Yorkshire club, Rotherham United where we were meant to collect a ball but sadly, the office they were kept in was locked! However Gary took us downstairs and out on to the pitch for a you-know-what with the promise of sending the ball on. We went on to their old ground, Millmoor, which is now almost derelict and impossible to get into, sad really.

Number six came in the shape of Barnsley and yet again, we were indebted to a wonderful lady who interrupted her cup of tea to show us through to pitch side. Nice ground and lovely lady.

Finally, in terms of grounds, we turned up at the Keepmoat Stadium, home of Doncaster Rovers. Missed Andy Williams dropping in the signed shirt he'd arranged for us but for the sixth time in seven grounds, we were allowed right in the heart of the action to get some great shots.

Tonight, we were kindly invited to the Stag Inn, Doncaster where they had put on a spread for us and also bought our drinks while we were there. A really kind gesture by Terry the landlord, Ian (one of the regulars) and Martin from the fuel company Gulf who have sponsored us. Quite a few people turned up to wish us well and as we left, the landlord Terry gave us a framed medallion of Sir Bobby Robson as a gift to auction off for charity. A wonderful gesture from a lovely man and a big thanks to all who welcomed us, though sorry that we couldn't get the time to meet Lisa.

Tomorrow might be a good day too, let's hope so, as we head North first and then West, to end in Carlisle tomorrow night. Thanks for reading. 

Day Five - start Doncaster, end Carlisle, 321 miles, 8 grounds

Sat here in bed after the longest day yet but in my opinion, the best yet. We are only six miles from Scotland tonight but have a lovely warm glow after today.

Quick breakfast before heading to Glanford Park, the home of Scunthorpe. They were donating a ball and when we got there, the players were arriving for training. Went into reception to collect the ball and as we were waiting, Yeovil's Kevin Dawson's brother Stephen came in. Had a chat then he went to get Paddy Madden, forever a YTFC legend who came through, posed with us for a picture then gave the boys a signed shirt of his. Great start, cheers lads.

Next up was Grimsby, not far away and set to announce their new manager this morning. We had heard a rumour it was ex Yeovil boss Russell Slade that would be named and when we got there, it was confirmed. Thought I would blag us into meeting him, and he could sign my book too. We did, and he did too, unbelievable luck.

Next up was Hull City, one of the highlights of the day. Ann Holland, SLO of Hull, sorted us out a signed shirt then took us through to the pitch side for a picture. Also sorted out our tickets for Saturdays game at Stoke. Thanks Ann, one of the loveliest ladies in football.

Then it was Middlesbrough, probably the longest trip between two clubs that we are doing, more than 100 miles. Finally got there at 3.30pm to collect a signed pennant from reception and have a pic taken by the Ayresome gates.

As time was pressing by now, Hartlepool was a whirlwind stop, even leaving the engine running while the photo was taken.

Then Newcastle! The hour (yes, an hour) we spent at the ground was just fantastic. Met Liz, the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation's PR boss, at the club and she took us on a mini tour. Mark Hannen, the clubs press officer kindly let us through into the pitch so we could take a pic by the dugouts. That away end is something else, so high! Mark said he'd take a picture of the three of us but he wanted someone else to come in and help out. Who did he bring in but Peter Beardsley! Yes, that one. Lovely guy who chatted to us about the challenge, and wished us well on our trip. Finally, Liz gave us a bag full of presents as we left including a Bobby Robson autobiography signed by his widow Lady Elsie to each of us (3 books) plus one to auction.

After that, the rest of the day would always struggle to maintain that level. Popped down the road to Sunderland for a pic then on the way back here to Carlisle, stopped in at Brunton Park to tick that one off. That's 33 done, 59 to go.

Next stop Morecambe, I think.

Day six - start Carlisle, end Manchester, 243 miles, 8 grounds

It's a job to know where to rank today in the great scheme of things but it's either number one by a mile or number one by a little bit!!!!

Had a breakfast out this morning in Carlisle then headed down to Morecambe, a trip of 70 miles plus, meaning we didn't get to the Globe Arena till gone 11am. Nothing to pick up so just a photo and off we went.

Next stop was Fleetwood and we had the pleasure of meeting the most wonderful man, Tony Collier at the club. He spared us half an hour for a guided tour including dressing rooms, pitchside, hospitality, offices, everything. Even let us hold the League 2 playoff trophy replica. Gave us a signed pennant too, lovely guy.

Then to Blackpool. Great trip along the coast to Bloomfield Road where we collected a signed shirt from the club shop. Asked to go pitchside and the club's DLO Chris came with us on to the surround for a pic. Another great guy who we wish well doing such a worthwhile job.

Then it was Preston. Thanks to David Coates who had smoothed the pathway with Hannah at the club to again allow us into the ground. Deepdale is one of my favourite grounds and it was fantastic to go in again. Nothing to collect as Paul Huntington had sent a shirt down in advance, thanks a lot Paul, might see you tomorrow.

Ground five was Blackburn. Wow, yet again we met a superb ambassador for the club in the security guard who again gave us a guided tour of all the facilities. Picked up our signed ball from reception and went on our way.

Number six was Rochdale, we had to miss out a couple today as we wanted to meet up with Steve Collis before he left for tonight's match v Bury. Steve kindly chatted for about 15-20 minutes then gave us a signed shirt and goalkeeping gloves to auction. Thanks Steve.

Man United was number seven and a very brief stop. No chance of getting in, nothing to pick up and so we were in and out in ten minutes....

Finally, Wigan Athletic. Wigan's policy is to support local charities which is completely understandable so Ed and Ash in the media department very kindly offered us full media access for the evening. Our seats were perfect, high above the halfway line and we had a brilliant time, mine involving a meat and potato pie. Game was superb, Wigan coming from two goals down to win 3-2 thanks to a Nick Powell hat trick.

Best was yet to come. Waited after the match and met up with both Dan Burn and Shaun MacDonald, fantastic to see both of them. Had a good chat with both and we all had pictures with them too, the perfect end to a smashing day.

Day seven - start Manchester, end Bolton, 160 miles, 7(8) grounds

Probably had the best single experience of the whole trip today, sandwiched in between getting a few grounds ticked off that didn't have anything to collect. Ended up seeing two matches of differing quality too.

Kicked off in Salford this morning, and headed to Bury's Gigg Lane home first of all. Then made the short trip to Accrington Stanley where we met another great character, Alan, who used to work at the club as physio. It's been a great journey meeting so many fabulous characters along the way.

Burnley was next, followed by Bradford and then Leeds. The rain was still drizzling down by the time we got to stop 6 and the Championship promotion clash between Huddersfield and Preston.

Sean Jarvis, the commercial director and commercial manager John Williams had arranged for us to get tickets for the game. Not only that, we were in the VIP area with a stunning view of the match. John asked me if I'd go up on stage for a Q & A with him about our trip so I did but he also said there would be some recognisable faces.

He wasn't wrong. First in was Mark Lawrenson, then Alan Kennedy and then a face I thought I recognised but wasn't sure. I did my piece on stage and got a round of applause then we went up to the seats at 2.50pm. Just before we left, the guy I thought I recognised came over and introduced himself, it was former Yeovil striker Mick Doherty. Had a reminisce about the good old days, he's a scout at Sunderland now.

Best seats in the house and an amazing end to an enthralling match saw Huddersfield awarded a last minute penalty which they missed but scored on the follow up. A little harsh on Preston whose promotion hopes are now slimmer than ever. Back into the VIP bar where I got my picture taken with Lawro and Alan before going downstairs to meet Paul Huntington before he jumped on the coach. Had a quick chat before he left...

Came back via Oldham to then have some tea and head on to Stockport for tonight's Conference North game with AFC Telford, who have Lee Hughes in their team. A decent 1-1 draw in the end before we drove home and checked in here at Bolton!

Great day and really cannot speak highly enough of how Huddersfield treated us, no wonder that club is on the up. It would be £79 for a season ticket for the boys and only £199'for me which is fantastic value. Lovely people up there, really was a superb experience.

Tomorrow we are tidying up the last two in Manchester, the two Liverpool clubs then off down to Stoke City for the Premier League game with Hull.

Day eight - start Bolton, finish Crewe, 145 miles, 7 grounds

A much quieter day that was spent tidying up a few loose ends, a bit of zig zagging across The North West, a first ever Premier League game for the three of us and ending with us chilling out tonight and a lie in tomorrow to recharge our batteries.

Kicked off today by going just up the road to Bolton's Macron Stadium. The team coach was outside ready to head for their lunchtime kickoff at nearby Oldham but we had a plan, to clear up a couple of extra ones to make our Easter weekend easier so we didn't hang around.

Next up was Manchester City and we didn't even get near to getting inside anyway, security stopping us from even parking in the car park. Thankfully, the club had sent us a signed Champions League programme (Leroy Sane signed it) so it was still all good.

Numbers three and four are two of the closest together grounds in the country, Premier League rivals, and friends, Liverpool and Everton. We did the Blues first, they have been brilliant by donating a signed shirt and a signed ball and as we went there in August with Yeovil, there was no appetite for a pitchside.

There was no chance of one of those at Liverpool though which was a shame as it's 25 years since I was last inside the ground. Today fell on the 28th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy, no memorial services any more at the ground. We stopped, took a pic and moved on.

Number five was Crewe, another club that we had nothing to pick up from so again, a pic was taken and we quickly drove to Port Vale to tick that one off too. Six down, one to go.

The seventh and final journey was to the bet365 stadium, home of Stoke City. Today had offered us the chance of two BPL games at either Everton or Stoke so we chose the latter. A good choice either way as it turned out as both games finished 3-1 to the home side, which was fine except our tickets were for the Hull City end. The Tigers, threatened with relegation, brought nearly 1,600 fans to swell the crowd to over 27,500. Great atmosphere though!

So we are now safely in our hotel tonight in Crewe. The M6 is 200 yards away but silent, and we have just two clubs to do tomorrow and four on Easter Monday. We plan to have a quiet night and just chill as the past eight days have been hard. Tomorrow is Shrewsbury then the Hawthorns for West Brom v Liverpool. Monday is Wolves, Walsall and Aston Villa with Birmingham v Burton afterwards. A valuable rest after doing eight hard days, 55 clubs and 1,788 miles living out of a suitcase.

Night all x

Day nine - start Crewe, end Wolverhampton, 90 miles, 2 grounds

As explained yesterday, today was almost a rest day as we had got two clubs ahead of ourselves and needed a day to recharge. Left the hotel after breakfast at the neighbouring Little Chef (that closes at 3pm each day!) and headed for Greenhous Meadow, the new home of Shrewsbury. As expected, it was all quiet on a Sunday so after the pics were taken, it was off to the Hawthorns.

New ground at Shrewsbury, new ground at West Brom too. We'd paid a flying visit a year ago on the way to a Yeovil game somewhere but today was our first match at the ground. After waiting 25 years for my first Premier League game, I had had to wait only 25 hours for the next one.

Liverpool were the visitors and won 1-0 with a Firmino goal in the first half. Good game though WBA only got going in fits and starts. Ben Foster went up for a corner in stoppage time and pretty much stayed up for all four minutes, causing a few hairy moments.

One funny moment outside the ground. Was waving my arms around, explaining which turnstile we had to go through and I caught a lady walking past with my flailing arm. She gave me "that" look, I apologised, and we went our separate ways. Our parting was only temporary though as guess who sat next to me during the game? Yes, the very same woman, a one in 25,669 chance as it happened!

So now chilling at our hotel in Wolverhampton ahead of tomorrow's haunt around Wolverhampton and Birmingham. Hopefully going to go to one match at Birmingham, collect a signed shirt from Walsall (thanks Joe), go pitchside at Aston Villa and collect something from Wolves.

A couple of final thanks. Matt, a member of a car forum that I have been on for a decade or more but who I'd never met before today, treated me to my match ticket today as a thanks for raising money. Secondly the guys from Palmers FC who we met last Sunday have now put their video up on You Tube which features the three of us. Funny to see me say we had only done 7 at that point, when now we have done 57.

The Palmers video can be viewed here....

Day ten - start Wolverhampton, finish Birmingham, 4 grounds

A day that started with disappointment ended in happiness and now, an early night in the quirkiest Travelodge I've ever stayed in, Fort Dunlop in Birmingham!

Left the Premier Inn at Wolverhampton after a late breakfast. Definitely the best hotel we've stayed at on the tour and comes highly recommended. Headed down to Wolves to collect a piece of signed memorabilia but when we got there, it hadn't been left so we went away empty handed.

Short trip across to Aston Villa but again, we missed out on a pitchside visit as no one was there to allow us access. Not the greatest start to the day but as footballers say these days, we go again.

Third of the four grounds was the Banks's Stadium, home of Walsall. We'd arranged with Joe Edwards to meet him at 1pm outside the ground and true to his word, he pulled up and came out with a beaming smile, clutching a signed shirt. Attempted to kidnap him and drive him south to Huish Park but he was having none of it. Wished us well and the last thing I said to him was that I fancied he would score today. More on that in a minute.

Finally, off to St Andrews. Not the famous Scottish golf course but the home of Birmingham City FC, the 61st club of our trip. We had tickets to see their home game with Burton Albion this afternoon; we chose the Burton end as they are the underdogs in a division dominated by clubs massively more well off than they are. Joined the 1,400 Brewers in a crowd of nearly 20,000 to see Albion win 2-0 and leapfrog their illustrious neighbours in the process. Less than an hour later, Blues boss Gianfranco Zola had resigned!

And on the way out, we heard that Joe Edwards had indeed scored, an 85th minute winner too.

And now we are holed up in a quirky hotel by the M6 in Brum that has a three foot wide round window, we feel like we are on a ship.

Which reminds me. The best time to buy a yacht is when there's a sail on. Sail? Sale?? Geddit?

Day eleven - start Birmingham, finish London, 7 (8) grounds

Really good day today with two more shirts, a pair of boots and two pitch sides as well. Now in our London hotel munching our tea and preparing for tomorrow's tube torment!!

Left the Travelodge this morning and headed to the Ricoh Arena, a spectacular venue for what will be a League Two club next season.

A quick pic then off to Sixfields where we were meeting Sam Hoskins, a former Yeovil player who now plays for Northampton. Sam very kindly took us out on to the pitch and donated a signed pair of his boots; for my Yeovil Town friends, he tore a knee ligament in training three months ago and faces another five months on the sidelines.

He wished us well and left for his physio appointment so we went on to the next place, Stadium MK to meet up with Ed Upson. Ed was one of the stars of Yeovil's recent seasons and is a darned nice chap too so he had promised us a signed MK Dons shirt which he produced. Went through to pitchside for a pic and on the way back, we met his manager Robbie Nielsen who chatted with us and also wished us the best.

Said goodbye to Ed then had three quick ones where nothing was there to collect. Luton, Stevenage and Watford were all quick pics before we made it to Wembley Stadium. We had hoped that Andy Walker, the media manager, would come up with the goods and he did!! We are now the proud owners of an England shirt, signed by 15-20 players and sure to be the subject of the highest bids in the auction. Tried a cheeky question for a pitchside pic but no luck, understandably!

Finished the last one, Barnet's The Hive stadium, at 4.45pm then sought our hotel in Finchley for the night. Bit of admin to do, boys are revising and looking forward to travelling around the tube tomorrow as we finish off clubs 69-76 tomorrow.

Day 12 - start London, end London, 7 grounds

A late blog tonight as we went to our penultimate match of the journey tonight. Three days left and just 17 clubs left now as the sun begins to set on the 4231 Challenge.

The car was redundant today as we did all the grounds by either tube or train. Kicked off by making the short trip from Finchley to Arsenal where we were due to get a pitchside photo, something that excited me as I've never been near the place. The Gunners had already pledged a signed team photo so we were gobsmacked when the tour guide took us around on our own personal tour.

Dressing rooms, media conference room, hydrotherapy bath, directors seat, pitchside picture, physio rooms.... we saw it all close up. John Green, the Scot that took us round, was an absolute joy and none of us will forget it in a hurry.

The rest of the day had the potential to be an anti climax after that but it wasn't too bad. The commercial manager at Leyton Orient also took us pitchside for a picture then we whizzed around West Ham, Charlton and Millwall before getting to Crystal Palace at 5.05.

I'm being specific as we were meant to be there before 5.00 when they closed. But train delays meant we were late... walked up to a security guy and wow, he had been asked to stay on a few minutes to see if we got there in time. Let us in, took pics of us in the dugouts and wished us well. The world is full of bloody good people and a lot of them work in football clubs.

Final ground was White Hart Lane, the changing stadium of a Tottenham Hotspur. The new ground is taking shape around the old one so to get in before it closes, we took in the Spurs Ladies game v West Ham Ladies. A win for the hosts would see them lift the league title and they duly obliged, winning 4-0 in front of 2,104 spectators.

And in case you needed convincing that the world is a small place. On my row of seats was one guy whose niece played for YTFC Ladies last year, another guy who worked with Nathan Ralph's dad and a third chap that knew Nick Crittenden!!!!

Off to bed now as nine to do tomorrow (we ran out of time to do AFC Wimbledon today) but we will be home tomorrow night with just the two days left to complete.

Night all x

Day 13 - start London, finish home, 9 grounds

Yes, that's right, home although we haven't finished yet. There's still another eight clubs to visit but the way the route planned out, we can spend the last two nights at home rather than incur more hotel costs!

So this morning saw the last check-out from the hotel in Sunbury to make the short trip to Kingston where AFC Wimbledon play. Quick pic outside the ground then the short drives to both Brentford and Fulham for more of the same.

Parked the car up in Putney then caught the train to Fulham Broadway where we "alighted" to Stamford Bridge, home of Chelsea FC. Met the Head of Media there and he took us through to pitchside via the press room, the dressing rooms and the warm up area to go by the dugouts. Impressive looking ground, we've been spoilt in the past couple of days getting inside Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

Chelsea had already sent down their signed football so after wishing them well, we caught the tube to QPR for the final London club. Back to the car then we had four clubs along the M4 corridor to complete the day.

Wycombe were first up and thanks to Matt Cecil, their media guy, another pitchside picture, cheers Matt. Then on to Reading where their media guy Tim did the same, fantastic stuff as none of us have ever been inside the Madejski.

The final two were Oxford United and Swindon, both grounds we've been in before so no desire to bother their staff for pitch side photos. Then home, arriving about 6.30pm for our first night at home since April 7th, two long weeks ago.

Tomorrow is Wales day with Newport, Cardiff and Swansea ticked off then off to Hereford, Cheltenham, City and Rovers. That just leaves the two Devon clubs for Saturday although we are also hoping to visit Adam Stansfield's first semi pro club Elmore too.

Day fourteen - started home, finished home, 6(7) grounds.

Really enjoyed the penultimate day of the challenge today, collecting two signed shirts, a signed ball and four pitchside pictures. Helped having a good night's sleep in my own bed for the first time in a fortnight!

Off and running this morning and with the roads quiet, we got to Newport County by 9.15am. The signed shirt was ready & waiting for us so we moved quickly on to Cardiff City where their SLO Adam Gilliatt gave us a mini guided tour as well as a pitchside picture.

Next up in South Wales was Premier League Swansea City where media guy James took some pictures by the dugouts and said he'd do a piece in a forthcoming programme about us.

Then we made the trip across the countryside to Hereford. Thought the sat nav might suggest the motorway was quickest but no, it sent us through some beautiful scenery via Merthyr and Brecon. Got to Edgar Street at 1.30pm and spent half an hour there with Jamie, taking pics and walking round the ground with a mini tour. Jamie also gave us a signed ball as Adam Stansfield was a well loved player there and won promotion to the Football League with them.

Time was against us so we moved on quickly and ticked Cheltenham Town off the list. Then, at just after 4.15pm, we pulled into Bristol City's Ashton Gate stadium. Adam, the Head of Media, greeted us and presented us with a signed shirt pitchside, and also gave us the most wonderful tour yet, going deep into the backstage area at the ground.

Final one of the day, and sixth of the actual challenge, was Bristol Rovers. The Gas kindly donated us a pair of matchday tickets several weeks ago and they were the first item auctioned, raising £45 for the two charities, split 50/50.

So now back home for a shower, a tidy up and some general admin as we prepare for the final day tomorrow. It will be emotional... sure we will feel really quite sad tomorrow when it finishes... but hopefully the two charities will benefit greatly when the items are auctioned off.

90 down, 2 to go. Can't wait!!

Day fifteen - start home, finish home, 2 (3) grounds

Another good night's sleep in my own bed left us all set up for the final day today. Left Bristol at 8.45am heading for Devon and if you're raising money for the Adam Stansfield Foundation and in Devon, you need to visit Elmore FC, where it all started for Adam. First time I've been there, nice little ground.

Then it was on to Plymouth Argyle where it was a quick stop and snap before heading back up the M5 to St James Park. Exeter have always had a soft spot with me after I watched quite a few games with my best friend Simon Carter in their Div 4 winning season of 89/90 and obviously with the passing of Adam, Yeovil & Exeter have remained quite close.

Met up with Shaun & Andrea Parkin at the ground where they gave me some signed memorabilia for the auction then we went for lunch, their treat. At 2.30pm, headed into the ground (tickets were their treat too) and watched the game against Morecambe. Must be the Grecians lucky mascots as two stoppage time goals gave them a 3-1 win and even made it on to the pitch at half time too.

Said our cheerios at the end to two of the loveliest, most generous people I've met in years and drove home. Got back at 6.50pm, having visited all 92 grounds in 15 days. Will do a separate blog post later on but for now, ta ta.


Very long post warning!!

Have just got up and filled the washing machine for the first of its multitude of loads today. Poor thing will be more under strain than my shirt buttons today, I reckon.

In the relative peace and quiet of the house, I can collect my thoughts on the last two weeks of the challenge. We ended up driving 2,915 miles in total (and a fair few of that was sat nav issues, honestly!!) and ended up going to 97 grounds (the "92" plus Palmers FC, Elmore, Hereford, Wembley and Stockport), watching 12 games along the way.

With clubs still yet to send some shirts, it's difficult to put an exact number on what we will actually have to auction but the final total should be between 55 and 60 items, so thank you to all the clubs that donated. I'll try to set up a picture of everything together at some point but this might be a few days away.

Memories? Lots of them for all three of us. Meeting the ex YTFC players along the way was fantastic and they were brilliant with stuff to sign; some quality in there with Joe Edwards, Steve Collis, Ed Upson, Paul Huntington, Dan Burn, Shaun MacDonald, Sam Hoskins and Paddy Madden plus Andy Williams & Chris Cohen who we didn't meet but still donated stuff.

Also meeting a few famous people along the way too. Bumped into Mark Lawrenson, Frank Worthington and Alan Kennedy at Huddersfield, Robbie Neilsen at MK Dons, Peter Beardsley at Newcastle and I'm sure there are more but they escape me at 08.15 today.

The real stars though were the people at the clubs who aren't players and work in "backstage" roles. John Green, the Arsenal tour guide; Tony Collier at Fleetwood; the security guys at Blackburn and Chesterfield; Steve Bond at Chelsea; Ed and Ash at Wigan; John Williams and Sean Jarvis at Huddersfield; Ann Holland, Hull's SLO; Chris, the wheelchair bound DLO at Blackpool who took us pitchside at Bloomfield Road despite the clear challenge it was for him. They are the real stars in all of this, and we will never forget any of them. There's another 20 like those above and maybe writing a book on the challenge would do them justice, possibly.

Downsides? A couple.... remember leaving Hull to go to Middlesbrough thinking it was a 40 mile drive only to find it was 112 miles door-to-door, not sure how I messed that one up. Living out of a suitcase for two weeks is harder than it appears; the novelty of a full English breakfast every morning is counter balanced when you haven't got a system for separating worn and non-worn socks!

Almost finally, a couple of emotional thank you's to the charities, one for someone who will see it and one to someone who won't.

First up, Andrea & Shaun Parkin for treating us so well yesterday. As I said last night, I only ever met Adam Stansfield once but found him like everyone else did, a humble young man who made 100% of his talent and was truly "living the dream". Adam was an example to all of us and I'm absolutely sure it won't be long before I do something else for the charity (a clue is that I'm not happy with the way I look in the stadium photos ha ha).

Secondly, to Lady Elsie Robson, Sir Bobby's widow. Lady Elsie kindly signed four copies of her husband's autobiography for us. Three of them were signed "To Martin, To Ryan and To Harry" and the other one was signed but not personalised, so we can auction it off. Lady Elsie still plays a massive part in the charity and both Foundations have been incredibly helpful in supporting us in the build up and the tour itself. I can't thank them enough.

Finally, massive thank you's to John Webb for covering for me at work these past two weeks; to Julian Rinaldi at Musbury Garage for providing a car and fuel through Practical Car & Van Rental and Gulf UK; to Redrow Homes for sponsoring our accommodation; to everyone who "liked" our daily blogs (more than 500 likes at the last count), to everyone that sponsored us along the way (still not too late, you know!) and to all the kind comments on here and on Twitter.

I've done quite a bit for charity before but in a semi-selfish way, I find it hard to just do something mundane that I'm not going to enjoy. You'll not catch me sitting in a bath of baked beans or climbing Ben Nevis... I have to get something out of it myself to do it. I did this back in 1998 without a sat nav and on my own but this time was so much easier, and hence more enjoyable.

So that's it. Back to reality today which mentally, will be quite tough. Food cupboard needs restocking, washing machine won't get a break today, I need to find my living room floor and it's back to work and school tomorrow. Thanks for reading this... sorry it's too long but I needed to unload.

Love you all and thanks again.